How to Troubleshoot Errors on a Schedule Upload
You must have "Admin Control Panel" or "Webmaster" permissionsto troubleshoot a schedule upload.
This article will outline some of the errors that you may see after uploading your schedule to SportsEngine. Feel free to troubleshoot these issues with the information provided below.
File is Stuck on Processing
Some files can take several minutes to finish. If your file says it's still processing please DO NOT try a new upload. Even if you try to cancel your upload, it is still processing in the background and will result in duplicate events.
Common Schedule Upload Error Messages and What They Mean:
- Background Check Error: There was likely bad spacing or unwanted formatting in your file which is sometimes a result of copy/paste error. Please copy the data from your file and paste into a new CSV file. CSV files are best as they remove the unwanted formatting.
- Could not find a valid team/subseason mapping for Team 1: There is no valid team mapping code for a game event. (This includes Team 2 for Max Solutions/ScheduleWerks)
- Could not update the game in row (X) because it has already been completed: This happens when you are trying to update a game that has a status of in-progress or completed.
- Teams (Team1 code) and (Team2 code) are not in the same subseason in row (X): This happens when you try to assign two teams in different subseasons to a game. (League only).
- The teams for the game in row (X) cannot be the same team: This happens when you try to make a game event with the same team as both team 1 and team 2.
- Both teams require valid mappings to create a league game in row (X): This happens when you try to create a game with only one team mapping. (League only).
- The TeamID_Home in row (X) is not mapped to a team that is part of a season: This happens when you try to create a game for a non-team page (Page, Division, etc) page mapping.
- The game in row (X) requires a valid Team 2: This happens when you try to create a game with only one team mapping. (League only).
- The event in row (X) could not be created because neither team has a valid mapping: There is no valid team mapping for an event. (Not necessarily a game). Max Solutions/ ScheduleWerks only.
- The event in row (X) could not be created because neither there are no valid mappings or tags: There is no valid team mapping for an event. (Not necessarily a game). NGIN format only.
- Warning: Id of (bad mapping code) in row (X) does not have a valid mapping: Event still added due to correct mapping of id (good_mapping_code). The event was created, but one of the mapping codes could not be found. A third party application may place a negative number in one of the columns which will cause this error to display. It can simply be ignored as the event was imported.
- Warning: Tag name (bad mapping code) in row (X) does not have a valid mapping: The event was created but one of the mapping codes in the tags field could not be found. NGIN format only.