How to Create a New Season
You will need "Admin" or "Webmaster" permissions to edit your site.
NOTE: When creating your first season, you will first need to create a League Page,Club Page, or a Division Page before you can create a new season.
Season and subseasons allow you to organize and manage your Teams year-over-year by separating data.
After the first season or subseason passes, you will need to create each subsequent new season or sub-season from the League Page or the Club Page. It is a nearly identical process for Leagues and Clubs.
What Is the Difference Between a Season and a Subseason?
- Season: Usually the year of the season you are starting. For example: 2019 -2020 Season.
- Subseason: Allows you to have multiple compartments within a season, such as: preseason, regular season, and postseason. Subseasons also share the same roster.
Creating a New Season
- Sign in to your SportsEngine website and turn on Edit Mode.
- Go to your League Page or Club Page.
- Scroll down and select the Admin button.
- Choose Season.
- Click Create New Season.
- Add a Season Name (usually the year of the season).
- Input the Subseason Name.
- Update the Data Source.
- Data Source determines whether your new season will have the same teams,
divisions, staff page permissions, tool settings, rosters, and page content as the previous season. Don’t worry about this if this is your first season.
- Start From Scratch: You will need to manually add divisions and teams to the new season
- Copy Subseason (Recommended): This option allows you to copy divisions and teams from the past season with the options to copy staff page permissions, tool settings, rosters, and page content in addition.
- Data Source determines whether your new season will have the same teams, divisions, staff page permissions, tool settings, rosters, and page content as the previous season. Don’t worry about this if this is your first season.
- Click Create Season.
- On the right side of the page, activate the season as the current subseason by checking the button labeled “Current Subseason.”
- Show Shared Schedule: Show games and events published to your team from other sites in this season.
- Generate Game ID's: Game IDs help you label games to reference them later. You can autogenerate game IDs or manually create them.
- Enable Game Type: Allows you to add a game type to games within the season (ex. exhibition match).
- Enable Group Name: Allows you to add a group name to games within the season (ex. group A).
- How to Create a New Subseason
- How to Create a League
- How to Create Divisions
- How to Create Team Pages
- How to Create a Club Page
- Season Setup Guide