Different Background Screening Statuses
This article will explain the different statuses that an applicant’s background screen can be set to during the screening process.
NOTE: SportsEngine is unable to comment on why a screen is set to a specific status. If you have questions about the status of your background check, you should either reach out to your administrator or to email@example.com.
- Passed: The applicant has completed the background investigation with no reportable offenses.
- Flagged: A record has been found on the applicant’s background check for the administrator to review
- Pending: The background screening is still in progress with NCSI. A background screen typically takes 3-5 business days to be completed.
Pending Verification: The applicant has provided incomplete or incorrect information and NCSI has attempted to reach out and is awaiting a response from the applicant to verify their identity.
Cancelled: If an applicant is non-responsive to NCSI for 30-days, after multiple outreaches, NCSI will move the screening to cancelled.
Error: There is a system error and the background screening has not been successfully transmitted to NCSI.
Failed: The administrator moves a Flagged result to Failed when they would like to deny participation to an applicant.
- Learn More About SportsEngine Safety
- How to Request a Background Screening
- How to Share My Background Screening Link with My Members
- How Do I Run Reports on Background Screening Information?
- How To Review a Background Screening Entry