How to Create a New Subseason
You will need "Admin" or "Webmaster" permissions to edit your site.
NOTE: This article is designed to walk you through how to create a new subseason after a season has been created. If you haven't created a season yet, please do that first.
What Is the Difference Between a Season and a Sub-Season?
- Season: Usually the year of the season you are starting. For example: 2019 Season.
- Subseason: Allows you to have multiple compartments within a season, such as pre-season, regular season, and post-season, but share the same roster.
Creating a New Subseason
- Sign in to your SportsEngine website and turn on Edit Mode.
- Go to your League Page or Club Page.
- Scroll down and select the Admin button.
- Choose Season.
- Underneath your already created season, click the button that says New Subseason.
- Input the Subseason Name.
- Update the Data Source.
- Data Source determines whether your new season will have the same teams,
divisions, staff page permissions, tool settings, rosters, and page content as
the previous season. Don’t worry about this if this is your first season.
- Start From Scratch: You will need to manually add divisions and teams to
the new season.
- Copy Subseason (Recommended): This option allows you to copy
divisions and teams from the past season with the options to copy staff
page permissions, tool settings, rosters, and page content in addition.
- Click Create Season.
- In the middle of the page, activate the season as the current subseason by
checking the box labeled “Current Subseason.”
- How to Create a New Season
- How to Create a League
- How to Create Divisions
- How to Create Teams
- How to Create a Club Page
- Season Setup Guide