How Do I Set Up Google Analytics to Monitor Traffic?
You must have full "Webmaster" permissions in order to do this.
SportsEngine provides you with the tools to integrate Google Analytics into your website free of charge. Google Analytics provides detailed tracking statistics of your website as well as reporting capabilities.
- Sign in and click on the Admin gear located at the top of your screen.
- Once in "SportsEngine HQ", click on Website then choose Website Settings tab.
- Select SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Depending on if you have Google Analytics set up or not, you will do the following:
Already Have Google Analytics
- Sign in to Google Analytics
- Copy your Google Analytics Code
- It’ll appear on your dashboard next to your website’s address. Enter your code into the box above and click the Save Settings button.
I Do Not Have Google Analytics
- Sign up for Google Analytics
- NOTE: You may need to sign up for both a Google account AND a Google Analytics account.
- If you don’t have a Google account: You’ll need to sign up for a Google account first. Please follow the steps they lay out for you. You will need to confirm this account by clicking a link in an email that Google will send to you before you can create a Google Analytics account. If you do have an account, skip to Step 3.
- If you do have a Google account: Sign in with your Google account.
- If you already have a different website setup on Google Analytics: You’ll need to create a new Google Analytics Website profile by clicking the Add Website Profile link at the bottom of your dashboard. If you don't have a website set up on Analytics, skip to Step 5.
- If you don’t have Google Analytics setup: If you don’t have any Google Analytics accounts setup yet you’ll see the following screen as soon as you sign in. Click the Sign Up button.
- Configure your settings: Follow the instructions in order to get your website setup. All you need is your name and your website’s address (URL).
- Save and Finish: When you get to the Analytics: Tracking Instructions screen, simply click the Save and Finish button at the bottom. You won’t need the full code, only the small Google Analytics code which you’ll find on the next screen.
- Copy your Google Analytics Code: It’ll appear on your dashboard next to your website’s address. Enter your code into the box above and click the Save Settings button.