Seeing a Twitter Rendering Error or Rate Limit Exceeded Message?
You must have "Admin" or "Webmaster" permissions in order to do this.
- Log in to twitter.com.
- Access dev.twitter.com.
- Scroll to bottom of Page and under Tools choose Manage Your Apps.
- At the top-right of the screen, click Create New App.
- Enter the following:
Name: What you’d like the app to be titled.
Description: A brief elaboration on the title.
Website: Enter your association's website url, including http://, ie http://www.ephockey.com
Callback URL: The same url as above in Website.
Accept the terms and click Create your Twitter Application.
- The resulting page will be the app settings page. Choose the tab titled Keys and Access Tokens.
- Navigate to your SportsEngine site in a different window or tab.
- Sign in to your site and select the Admin Gear in the top-left portion of the site to get to SportsEngine HQ.
- Click Website then choose the Website Settings tab.
- Choose Twitter.
- Select the option of Twitter Authentication.
- On the resulting screen enter the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (provided on the still-open Twitter app setting page) in the appropriate fields and click Save. It is suggested that you copy and paste the Key and Secret, as the fields will themselves validate your entry and error out if the entries are inaccurate.
- You can now use the Feed Reader Page Element to display your Twitter feed without getting the Rate Limit Exceeded message.