How to Add a Google Calendar Feed to My Website
You must have "Admin" or "Webmaster" permissions to add a Google Calendar feed.
If you use Google Calendar to keep track of your organization's events, you can add its iCal feed to SportsEngine so your calendar events are automatically pulled into your SportsEngine calendar.
Step 1: Copy the Google Calendar iCal Link
- Log in and go to your Google Calendar.
- In the top-right hand corner, choose the Gear icon and choose Settings.
- On the left-side menu, under Settings for my calendars, click the calendar you want to share with SportsEngine.
- On the right side of the screen, scroll down to the Access Permissions section and check Make Available to Public.
- Scroll down to the Integrate Calendar section.
- Copy the URL labeled Public Address in iCal Format.
- In order to Add the iCal Link in SportsEngine, you will paste this url.
Step 2: Add the iCal Link to Your Website
- Navigate to your SportsEngine Website
- Sign in and click on the HQ Home icon located at the top of your screen.
- Choose the Website tab, then click Website Settings.
- Click iCal Feeds.
- Click Add iCal Feed.
- Select any Tags you would like to use for the calendar feed.
- Enter a Name for the iCal feed (ex. board meeting calendar).
- Paste in the iCal Feed URL that you copied from your Google Calendar.
- Click Add this Feed.
- NOTE: Events added to the google calendar will appear on your SportsEngine calendar page and in Event Aggregators. The iCal Feed can take up to a day to update, so don't be surprised if you don't see events show up immediately.
Helpful Tip! You can manually force the iCal feed to refresh by clicking Refresh next to the individual feed from the iCal Feeds page. If it still doesn't refresh, please try deleting the feed and re-adding it or reach out to Google Support.
- How to Remove iCal Feed