How Do I Add a Custom Google Search to My Website?
Important Announcement! This functionality is currently not working properly. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Thanks for your patience!
You must have "Admin" or "Webmaster" permissions to add Google search.
- Go to the Google Custom Search Engine.
- On the Custom Search page, enter your SportsEngine website into the Sites to search field.
- Enter the name of your website into the Name of the search engine field.
- Click Create.
- Click the Control Panel button.
- Click the Look and Feel link on the left navigation of the Custom Search page.
- Under the Layout tab, click the Google Hosted option.
- Click Save.
- In the left-hand navigation, click the Search Features.
- At the top of the screen, click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Click the Websearch Settings drop-down.
- In the Link Target field, type "_self."
- Click Save.
- On the left-side navigation panel, click the Look and Feel button.
- Click the Save and Get Code button.
- The code you need to add to your website is generated and appears in the window. Copy the code to your clipboard.
- Sign in to your SportsEngine website.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, click the HQ Home icon.
- Once in "SportsEngine HQ", click the Website tab then select Website Tools.
- Click Google Content Search link and then click the Add Google Content Search button.
- In the empty field, paste the code script that Google generated.
- Click Save Google Content Search. The search field appears on each page, usually in the top left corner of the site.
Helpful Tip! It may take a few days for Google to crawl your site if you don't see your content right away. Additional Webmaster Tools with Google: Google adds new sites to their index, and updates existing ones, every time we crawl the web. If you have a new URL, CLICK HERE to direct to Google.
How to Add a Page Search to My Website