Why We Require Email Activation To Create SportsEngine Accounts
SportsEngine requires you to provide a valid email address when setting up your SportsEngine account. Providing a valid email address is an industry standard practice when creating a new profile.
We follow this practice for a number of other important reasons, including:
- Protecting your private data when sending the information during a registration session.
- Abiding by requirements from other countries (e.g., EU) to provide a confirmed opt-in process.
- Providing helpful support when you forget your password (we have the valid email address and can easily send you a reset password link.)
- Preventing spam accounts from being created.
- Verifying ownership of the email address.
- Confirming that you indeed want to opt-in for communications from SportsEngine websites.
- Providing you with a confirmation that you have opted-in for communications from SportsEngine and that you want to become a member of the site.
- Providing organizations an ability to do member outreach within their organization.
- How to Create a SportsEngine Account