How to Import Dibs Items
You must have "Admin" or "Webmaster" permissions to import items.
If you have a mass amount of volunteer shifts that you would like to add as items to Dibs, it may be easier to import them.
- Sign in and turn on Edit Mode.
- Click on the Dibs tab in your main menu.
- Click on the "Dibs Session Name".
- In the middle of the page, click Import New Dib Item.
- Download the Dibs Item Template.
- Replace the example entries with your Dib Item information and save it as a XLS file.
- The following fields are included in the import template:
- Location URL: Link to google map of location
- *Start Date: Format must be "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM" (24 hour format). Ex. 04/24/2017 15:30:00
- *End Date: Same format as start date
- *Credit Value: Enter 0 if the item has no credit value.
- *Cancel Window: Prevent volunteers from cancelling within this many days before the shift.
- *All Day Event: Enter 0 if the item has a start and end time.
- Category: Categories must be added within the Dibs tool before they can be included in an import.
- Fulfiller Phone Required: Enter 1 to require volunteer to submit a phone number when claiming the item.
- Fulfiller Email Required: Enter 1 to require volunteer to submit a email address when claiming the item.
- *asterisk indicates required field
- On the Import Dib Items From File screen, click Choose File.
- Open the file you had saved on your computer.
- Choose which Session it belongs to, and click Import Dibs.