To Unlink the Template, see instructions below. Additional page elements can be added under a Content Template. Unlinking templates will you give the ability to customize the page (this will allow you to add news articles and events). Once a template is unlink, if you make a change to the template the unlinked page will not change.
- All Templates are created as a Connected Template. Modifying the template will automatically update all the elements connected to it. Content within created from a Connected Template can not be modified directly, but instead must be modified from the template.
- Content Variables for Teams, Players, and Coaches can be added, so customized information can pull in to the page elements added to the templates.
- When a template is added the tags with in each element within the content template will automatically have the correct tags.
- Variables can be added to page elements in content templates, so information displays depending on where the template is added or used.
- Unlinking a Template will make that page not change when edits are made to the Original Template.
- The only way to Add News/Events to a Template Page is to Unlink it or to Add the News from a News Collector Page or add an Event to the Calendar Page and use the proper tags.
Step 1: Create Template
1) Log In> Select the Admin Control Panel> Select Website Tools> Select Templates
2) Create New Template
3) Fill out the fields in the Template Box (Make sure to enable the template).
4) Save Template
Pro Tip: Make the template a default header or footer template to automatically select the template each time you create a new page
Step 2: Create a Page, News Article, Event, or Email
Note: To customize a template on a page, you will need to Unlink the template.