Pro Tip: A program using SportsEngine Registration will appear higher in search results.
Listing Your Programs
Step 1: Log In to your Website and head to the Admin Control Panel
Step 2: Select the Programs tab
Step 2: Select the Add Program button.
Step 3: On the Add New Program details page, complete the following information for your new program:
- Program Name: The name should be descriptive of what the program is for, e.g. 2017 Edina U12 Girls Hockey Season, 2017 Girls Summer Cheer Clinic.
- Program Type: League, Season Play, Competition, Training
- Sports: Select the program’s sport from the list of sports from your Organization Settings.
- Genders Supported: Male, Female, or Co-Ed.
- Registration: Choose which type of registration, if any, that you are using for this program.
- Select Use SportsEngine Registration (no cost) to have a SportsEngine Representative contact you.
- Select I don’t have a plan for sign-ups yet if you want to come back and update the registration information later.
- Select I'm using another system to collect sign-ups if you are using another system and then enter the registration URL in the field and update the Registration Open/Close Dates and Times information.
- Select Use An Existing SportsEngine Registration and then enter the registration URL in the field and update the Registration Open/Close Dates and Times information.
- Pricing Structure: Select whether the program has a Fixed Price or Price Range. If you select Price Range, enter the Minimum and Maximum Price Amounts.
- Program Start and End Date: Enter the start and end date of the program.
- Registration Open and Close Date: Enter the dates that the registration will be available.
After you’ve created a program, you can continue to add additional details of your program.
To Archiving A Program: You can archive a program to remove it from view on Sportsengine.com or if your organization will no longer use that program. Archived programs remain in a Read-Only state in the Archived tab where you can preview them to view the program information or make a copy to use for a new program.
Copying a Program: You can make a copy of an existing program so you can use the same information in a new program. All of the information is copied over to the new program for you to use or update with different information.
How to Archive or Copy:
- Access the Program from the Active Programs and Draft tabs under Programs by select Make a Copy or Archive
- You can also select a program from the list of Active or Draft programs and select the Make a Copy or Archive Button
Program Listing Best PracticesIdeally, a program should represent a single event: one clinic, camp, age-specific sports, etc. All of the programs would roll up to the Organization which will then display as part of the organization’s results page. So, for example, when a parent is searching for 8 year old boys soccer programs, they will see results for all types of 8 year old boys soccer programs including competitive leagues, in-house leagues, practice leagues etc.
- Use Descriptive Program Names: Program names should be descriptive of the program. Users will key in on the title of your program when reviewing the search results so the more descriptive and concise the better.
- Girls U14 Hockey 2017-2018
- Summer Hockey Skills Clinic - Mites
- IceBreakers Girls Tournament 2017
- Use SportsEngine Registration: We recommend that users use a SportsEngine registration for sign-ups for their programs. By doing this, their program will display at the top of the results list--we rank programs with SE registrations higher than non-SE registration programs.
- Load Descriptions With Keywords: Descriptions are the only open text fields available and are the best place to load up on search keywords which will help a program with search ranking. Include words or phrases that a user would use to to search for your program (i.e., hockey, mites, Edina, boys hockey, etc.)
- Provide a Location: If there is a “home base” for your program (rink, field, etc.) you should use that as your primary location.
- Add Social Media Connections: Include social media connections (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) for the organization or program to your program listing.