- You can only transfer a Player to another Team within the same League.
- You must be logged into your SportsEngine account and both require a League Admin level of access to perform.
- Access the Team Page of the Team to which the Player you desire to transfer belongs.
- Switch to Edit Mode.
- Select the Roster button.
- Access the Roster Profile of the Player you intend to transfer.
- Under Player Profile Settings, select “Transfer Player.”
- On the resulting Transfer Player window, select the Move By type (“Trade” or “Assign” both result in the same action, a Transfer - there is no functional difference), the Date of the Transfer, the New Team (only teams within the same League will be listed), and select the checkbox next to Active Roster to make the Player active on the new Team.
- Click Transfer Player on the bottom right of the page.
- You will now have successfully transferred a Player to a new Team.
The Traded Player Stats Option is the ability for you have the stats of Players that have been transferred compiled into totals for that individual Player instead of split between separate entries for each Team the Player has been on.
This can be useful for certain statistical uses, for instance if you wanted to create a widget for League Leaders (such as one that displays the most goals scored among Players in the League) and you wanted Player totals to reflect all Teams each Player was on. Without the setting turned on, a Player’s stats would be divided by the teams he was on, with his own name listed twice in the League Stats.
This feature must be enabled in your Site Settings by a SportsEngine employee prior to it being available in your League Page’s Tool Settings. If interested in employing it, contact your SportsEngine Account Representative.
Enabling the Combine Traded Player Stats Option
- Sign into your SportsEngine Account. (Enabling this feature requires a League Admin level of access.)
- Access your League’s League Page.
- Switch to Edit Mode.
- Select the Admin button and Tools Settings from the resulting drop menu.
- Scroll down to the Statistics Section.
- Select the checkbox next to “Combine stats for traded players on player stats pages and widgets.”
- Scroll back up to the top of the section and select the Save Changes button on the left.
- A notification message of “SAVED” will be displayed beneath the button, and you will have successfully enabled the Traded Players Stats Option.