General Pages are the regular pages that make up the various content sections of your website. Add page elements to display your content and add layout containers to adjust the layout of the page.
Examples of General Pages: "About Us", "Our Sponsors", "Our Programs", "Contact Us"
Create a General Page
Step 2: Click Pages from the Admin Menu to open the Pages Menu
Step 3: Click Main Menu to add the General Page to your main menu or Sub Pages to add the General Page under the page you are currently on hierarchically.
Step 4: Click Add New Page
Step 5: Select General Page.
Step 6: Fill out General Page Details
- Select a Page Template
- Button Title (short): Title of the page on the left-hand navigation
- Page Title (long): Title of the page on the page banner. This is used in google search results and should be descriptive of the page. Using a descriptive name helps users know what the page is about and more likely to click on your link
- Friendly Name (vanity url): You can name the page anything you would like.
- Page Display Status
- Enable News: Allows you to display news on this page (not recommended).
- Enable Events: Allows you to display events on this page (not recommended).
- Lock Page: Only page owners can edit the page
- Cache Timeout: A viewers web browser will save information from a web page. Setting the cache timeout will clear the saved data on the webpage and reset it.