SportsEngine Rostering allows you to add players to team. The best path for this is by first having the player register using a SportsEngine Registration and then using the Mass Rostering Tool. If SportsEngine Registration isn't used we allow the ability to add players to a roster from a Team Page.
Mass Roster (Best Path):
Important: Create Teams before you Roster Players
Step 1: Log In> Admin Control Panel> Select Sports Management> Select Players
Step 2: Select Roster> Select Registration Session that the Roster will be pulled from
Step 3: Select Team Name
Step 4: Filter out certain age levels from questions within the registration sessions, to only view those particular players. Making the list of players smaller will make it easier to pull this group of registrants on to a team.
Step 5: Choose to create an Unattached Roster or a Team Roster by selecting either Unattached Rosters or Team Rosters. (If you add an unattached roster, simply click on the button and label the roster or if you select Team Rosters simply select the name of the team page from the list that populates.)
- Admin permissions to at least a single registration session is required to access the Rostering tool. You will only be able to create rosters from registration sessions you have permissions to.
- When using the registration tool you will now see a field labeled "Assigned to" which you can select, sort and filter by in a registration report.
- Players that are successfully attached to an SportsEngine account, will automatically be placed in a Team Roster Group. This group is accessible to users with Page Owner permissions for the Team Page by going to the Groups Tab when in Edit Mode on your team page. This will allow the Coach/Manager to send a mass email to the entire roster group to notify the team of any important updates such as canceled practice, game time changes, etc.
- By checking the Require Registration box under the Configurations section of the Sport Management tab in the Admin Control Panel, you can only allow players who have registered to be rostered
Add players from a Team Page:
Step 1: Log In> Select Edit Mode
Step 2: Navigate to Team Page> Select Roster
Step 3: If adding a Player select Player, if adding a Coach select Coach
Create New Player:
Step 1: Select Create New Player> Add Create New Player Settings
- Player Email Address: By adding an email address, the player will be attached to the SportsEngine User Account associated with this email address. If the Player/Parent has not yet created an SportsEngine account, an email invitation will be sent to claim the player profile. Once the player is successfully attached to an SportsEngine account, they will then show up in the 'Roster Group' located on the Groups tab of your team page. This will allow the Coach/Manager (user will need Page Owner permissions for their team page) to send a mass email to the entire roster group to notify the team of any important updates.
Step 2: Save Player
Add Player from Network Member Directory:
Step 1: Select Add Player from Network Member Directory> Search or Select Players Name
Step 2: Choose to add Jersey Number and Position> Save Player
Import Player(s) from Registration:
Step 1: Select Import Player(s) from Registration> Select Registration Session
Step 2: Add Filter and Sort by a Question> Select Filter
Step 3: Select which Players you want to add to this Team> Adjust Names, add Jersey Number, and Positions> Add Players to Roster
Import Players from Excel:
Step 1: Import Player(s) from Excel
Step 2: Select Download Roster Template
Note: Only fields selected in your located in the admin tools section of your team or league level will appear as template options. To adjust Fields select Roster Settings.
Step 3: Attach Spreadsheet> Add Players to Roster
- File must be in .xls format
- When using the import template, the header column is required in order to perform a successful import.
Valid Position values based upon each Sport:
Must use the abbreviated value shown in bold under each Sport.
|F - Forward||D - Defense||G - Goalie|
|A - Attack||M - Midfield||D - Defense|
|LSM - Long Stick Midfield||G - Goalie|
|C - Catcher||P - Pitcher||1B - 1st Base||2B - 2nd Base||3B - 3rd Base|
|SS - Shortstop||LF - Left Field||CF - Center Field||RF - Right Field||INF - Infield|
|OF - Outfield||DH - Designated Hitter||LCF - Left Center Field||RCF - Right Center Field|
|F - Forward||M - Mid Fielder||D - Defense||GK - Goal Keeper|
|F - Forward||G - Guard||C - Center|
Track and Field
|Distance - Distance|
|QB - Quarterback||HB - Halfback||FB - Fullback||WR - Wide Receiver||TE - Tight End|
|OT - Offensive Tackle||OG - Offensive Guard||C - Center||DE - Defensive End||DT - Defensive Tackle|
|NT - Nose Tackle||LB - Linebacker||CB - Cornerback||SS - Strong Safety||G - Gunner|
|H - Holder||KR - Kick Returner||LS - Long Snapper||PK - Placekicker||P - Punter|
|O - Offense||ST - Special Teams||D - Defense||MLB - Middle Linebacker||OLB - Outside Linebacker|
|ILB - Inside Linebacker||FS - Free Safety||DB - Defensive Back|
|S - Setter||L - Libero||MB - Middle Blocker|
|OH - Outside Hitter||OPP - Opposite Hitter||DS - Defensive Specialist|
|Folkstyle - Folkstyle||Freestyle - Freestyle||Greco-Roma - Greco-Roman|
|D - Defense||T - Transition|
|A - Attack/Offense||G - Goalie|
|Prop - Prop||Hooker - Hooker||Lock - Lock|
|Flanker - Flanker||Number 8 - Number 8||Scrumhalf - Scrumhalf|
|Flyhalf - Flyhalf||Center - Center||Wing - Wing|
|Full Back - Full Back|