You can easily export player information from an existing SportsEngine Registration session and import it into the GotSoccer soccer management platform.
This process is broken into two steps:
- Exporting Player Information from a SportsEngine Registration
- Importing Player Information into GotSoccer
To export player information you will need to do the following:
- New to SportsEngine
If you are new to SportsEngine and have no player information currently in a registration, you will need to Request a new registration session be created by the SportsEngine Registration team. When completing the request form you need to make sure that the following questions are included: First Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email Address. These questions will populate the fields that will be used in the export file.
The registration can also include any of the following optional fields:
Middle Initial, Jersey Number, School District, School Grade, Comp. Level, Notes, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone, Phone 2, Email Address, Email Opt-Out, Text Messaging Address, Team Name, Team Age Group, Team Gender, Team ID Number, Parent 1 Name, Parent 1 Address, Parent 1 City, Parent 1 State, Parent Zip Code 1, Parent Phone 1, Parent Mobile 1, Parent Email 1, Parent 2 Name, Parent 2 Address, Parent 2 City, Parent 2 State, Parent Zip Code 2, Parent Phone 2, Parent Mobile 2, Parent Email 2, Emergency Contact Name, Emergency Phone, Emergency Phone 2, Emergency Mobile, Emergency Contact 2 Name, Emergency 2 Phone, Emergency 2 Phone 2, Emergency 2 Mobile, Allergies, Medical Condition, Physician Name, Physician Phone, Physician Phone 2, Insurance Provider, Provider Phone, Policy Holder, and Policy Number.
Using Existing Registration
If you have an existing registration that already contains the required fields (First Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email Address), you can just use that information and run a report to export that data into a .CSV file.
- Once you can access the registration, create a Registration Report with the required fields to use as the import file for GotSoccer.
- Export the report (in .CSV format) and save it to your computer. Now you will import this information into GotSoccer.
- Go to http://home.gotsoccer.com and enter your username and password.
- From the Club tab, click the Players sub-tab and then click Upload Players.
- In the File Upload section, click Choose File and browse to the export file that you saved from the Registration and click Open.
- Click Open Selected File.
- You now need to map the fields that were imported into the GotSoccer format. Select the correct mapping name from each column drop-down list.
- Select the Email Notifications checkbox if you want to email the user their username and password after the data is imported into GotSoccer.
- Click Import Data.