Step 1: Log in to twitter.com
Step 2: Go to dev.twitter.com
Step 3: Scroll to bottom of Page and under Tools click "Manage Your Apps"
Step 4: Click "Create New App" in top right hand corner of page
Step 5: Follow the steps to Create an Application
- Name: Enter in what you want the app to be titled (ie Eden Prairie Youth Hockey)
- Description: Enter in a brief description (ie Eden Prairie Youth Hockey Twitter Feed)
- Website: Enter your association's website url, including http:// (ie http://www.ephockey.com)
- Callback URL: Enter same url as above in Website
- Accept the terms and click "Create your Twitter Application"
Step 6: You will then be brought to the app settings page. Click on the tab titled "Keys and Access Tokens"
Step 7: Copy "Consumer Key (API Key)" and "Consumer Secret (API Secret)".
Step 8: In the Admin Control Panel of your website, click Website Settings, then click Twitter.
Step 9: Paste the Twitter Consumer Key and Twitter Consumer Secret in the fields.
Step 10: Click Save.
Once confirmed that the API keys have been added, you can then use the Feed Reader page element to display your Twitter feed without getting the Rate Limit Exceeded Message.